Bollywood movies, hindi music, Bollywood celebrity gossip and news, free hindi songs download, free music, download hindi songs, and much more.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Is Bollyblogging For You?

Most of us, if not all, have some pictures or ideas of our ideal lifestyles in our heads. The lifestyle where we are happy and there is everything that we want to have in our lives - e.g. family, friends, kids, fancy cars, a nice house - or we are doing what want to do - playing sports, writing, performing, singing, teaching - or whatever else that you want is part of that ideal lifestyle. Hopefully, that is what we all are working hard to achieve. By now, you might be thinking what does it all have to do with Bollyblogging, right?

After being part of the blogosphere, specially bollyblogs, for quite some months now, I have a pretty good idea of how time consuming it can be. After spending hours and hours of my time reading and writing blogs, it finally occured to me that the type of blogs I'm involved in aren't helping me go toward my ideal lifestyle. I am personally very interested in fitness, surfing and everything else that's done on the beach.

Blogs can be very inspiring if used properly. For instance, if you are into fitness and working out, by writing your goals and ways/steps of achieving them on a blog and then publishing them for the world to read is making a commitment in itelf. Everytime you read that post, your determination and commitment toward that goal strenghthens. It is also helped by people leaving comments, specially positive ones, encouraging and appreciating your decision. This is just an example. Your goal could be having fun, and taking life easy. And bollyblogging fits that description quite well. I'm in no way saying blogging about Bollywood and movies is not valueable and worthy of your time. It definitely is. Through my blog Download Hindi Songs and this blog I have come across some unforgetably beautiful music that I can't help but appreciate and enjoy. And I have made quite a few good friends, and that is very valueable for me. But it is also true that it has led to getting too involved with movies and celebrities. So I need to find a balance between my blogging time and the rest of my life. Here in Australia, summer is coming up and I'm definitely going to be spending more time outside the house. But I will also dedicate some time to my blogs.

With all that said, let me ask you: is bollyblogging for you? Is it taking you where you want to go?

6 Comments:

Blogger Maja said...

I'm the same as Michael :) Also, if it wasn't for bollyblogging, I don't think I'd get into Bollywood in such a big way at all. I wouldn't know where to start! And it's always great to meet people who like the same things as you. So at the moment, bollyblogging is perfect for me, but I am trying not to spend too much time on it, have to control my addictive personality. But I really enjoy watching the movies and then writing about them, that way I remember them better and for longer.

7:56 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste dj.
thought provoking post.
i agree with you,with the idea of balancing ourselves.

since we all bollybloggers know 'bollywood' through its music,films,performances reviews,news,buissness analysis star glamour and their gossips and its anthropological significances along with its artistic values,so we all know 'bollywood'and enjoy on a common platform-blogging,'bollyblogging'.
and bollyblogging keeps me updated with its real reviews very human and personal reactions towards a film,unbiased views about story,performances,music and healthy gossips.
as a filmmaker from bollywood i have lost faith in media and critics of bollywood today-it seems all is business deal here,in such a case blogger comunity is only hope,and i call upon all bollywood lovers to join bollyblogging and keep alive the spirit.
yes.bollyblogging is for me.hope karan johar,and aditya chopra join us soon.lol.
cheers.
jhaji.

http://jhaji-jhaji.blogspot.com/

P.S have fun and enjoy summer.

9:38 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

i guess finding that balance is what we all need to seek. i definitely can't think of not being part of this community.

it's good to see you all are having fun with your blogs.

Maja, bollyblogging got me more into bollywood as well which is mostly a good thing. and will continue to be hopefully.

thank you Michael and Sanjay, i'm gonna have a lot of fun on beach this year. i can sense it.

It would be absolutely great to see more film makers start blogging. Sanjay you have started it, hope it causes a chain reaction in the industry.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

I juggle my time between two blogs, one of which isnt Bollywood related. I do like writing a lot, and when its inspired by something that I have seen on screen, it surprisingly doesnt seem much of a chore. But the pressure of having to constantly 'update' one's blog, can get to u, if u ask me. Thankfully I havent given in to it, as yet, but I hate that nagging feeling somewhere down my mind, that it has been ages since u wrote something on ur blog!!

Personally, it has been a great experience interacting with a variety of wonderful people across the globe, and realising that Bollywood has this amazing charm abt it, that brings together an otherwise diverse populace!!

1:28 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste basmatic, and thank you for appreciating my answer...
i second vellu about interacting people of same interest on a common platform ,
happy blogging and bollyblogging.
this post article is very honest and i want to thank DJ, it provokes you to see within .

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all,

I am new to bolly-blogging - I only recently discovered your delightful network and it's been great fun to meander through your archives. I just launched Filmi Geek a little over a month ago and I've been having a blast both writing new reviews and porting my old reviews over there from my other, general-interest blog - expanding them, and, in some cases, rethinking them in the light of new knowledge and experiences.

So, yes, bollyblogging is for me. I'm having a great time writing about the films, and working toward making Filmi Geek meet my vision of its ideal.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home